24 years ago:
- Church of England ordains 1st 33 women priests
- Ace of Base’s “The Sign” was the #1 song on the Billboard Top 40
My wife and I were married on this day, 24 years ago. I’ve felt old for a number of reasons, but as I look at Melissa, I do young for so many reasons.
Somethings about us:
- We’ve traveled all over the United States together, teaching in Alaska, Missouri, and Iowa.
- We’ve had three houses which we called home, one in Missouri and two here in Iowa.
- Our two daughters are almost out of the house in our current home, a little acreage that’s home to two dogs, an assortment of white and tiger striped barn cats, two Brown Swiss heifers, and a few chickens.
- We never meant to make this place home, and if the current political situation doesn’t change drastically, we are ready to take our show on the road again. We both have a little wanderlust in us, so that’s not all together a bad thing.
So, 24 years of up and down, some bumps and some smooth sailing, and we’ll “celebrate” with a bus ride coming up here soon. Oh the joys of marriage.
Yet, I couldn’t think of a more beautiful, intelligent, quick witted, strong woman who’d want to make this journey with me.
Happy anniversary, my love! 🙂