Some days, don’t you just wish:
– educational policy talks centered around what was truly “best for kids”?
– those policy makers actually had experience in a classroom?
– school’s came with a bunk house?
– eating healthy at school wasn’t viewed as a bad thing?
– students all were read to, everyday, from day one?
– what was legible to students was legible to you?
– that is wasn’t always about money?
– reading a book was an experience all children could enjoy?
– hyper positivity could be toned down, just every once and a great while?
– technology were something all teachers could look at and think “what if”?
– school was celebrated?
– finding time to exercise wasn’t like finding a needle in a haystack?
– respect wasn’t something that had to be “taught”?
– you could capture a classroom’s spark, and save it for those days they really needed it?
Just a few random thoughts. Not a positive vibe I know, but some days, it’s just hard to feel positive about everything.
October 29, 2012 at 10:28 pm
Again, great reflection simplified. I know your district is going through similar things that mine is, and it can be frustrating to hear some of the dialogue taking place, especially from TEACHERS! But it’s our job to make sure, no matter what, we stay focused on the education and the students…with a smile and positive attitude of course.
Keep on inspiring students and educators!
Jarod Bormann (Central)