Yeah, I’m stealing this from a bunch of people! 🙂
Currently annoyed by:
- Iowa in general. I’m writing about this tomorrow. We are not in a good place, not at all.
- Educational policy that tells us our kids are “behind”. Behind what?? Aren’t they like every other kind in the freaking world?? Dealing with a pandemic seems like a pretty good reason to be stressed out. A bit of grace MIGHT be in order.
- To stay positive. It’s sunny and warm and ABOVE FREEZING at 10:15 PM! This is a very good thing.
- To find time to move my body. The morning doesn’t seem to work and night time really sucks. I need that right after school time spin class to get my motivation back where it should be right now.
- The Truth is Marching On: John Lewis and the Power of Hope (will write about that too) by Jon Meacham
- Teammate: My Journal in Baseball and a World Series for the Ages by David Ross
- The weather (as above mentioned). It will be in the 60s again tomorrow, followed by a return to normal of the 40s. However, the snow is almost gone, which a good thing!
- My little piece of heaven. I’m just enjoying being able to come home and just be without having neighbors close by. The only ones of disturb our peace are the four-legged kind (beef cows) who’ve taken to walking through the electric fence into our yard!
- My motivation might be found growing in the warm weather.
- A side hustle. I talked with another teacher today who asked about my parents and how they were able to retire early because of their stellar investments. Nope. I don’t even know what I could do for a little extra cash because jobs around here are $10 an hour or pyramid schemes (make-up, tupperware, kitchen supplies, etc).
- For a greenhouse to make sure that my seeds will grow up healthy and strong! 🙂
At that my friends is where I am currently! What about you? 🙂
March 8, 2021 at 10:50 pm
I’m tired of hearing that kids are behind. Let’s just take them where they are and move forward as best we can, knowing that everyone needs some grace.
March 8, 2021 at 10:53 pm
Bingo!! I’ll hire you as Education Secratary!! 🙂
March 8, 2021 at 11:03 pm
Hmm, might go ahead and steal this myself…keep it moving. There’s something engaging and oddly heartening about the borderline surliness poking through.
Where I am currently? I made it through the day, got more done than expected (but not all of it) and had only one annoying zoom meeting today.
March 8, 2021 at 11:05 pm
I’ll take that “borderline surliness” as a complimemt! 😅😅
And if you got more done than expected, that’s a win worth celebrating!
Thanks for stopping by! ❤
March 8, 2021 at 11:27 pm
It was of course meant as such…
March 9, 2021 at 5:38 am
I like your twist on currently and it seems like now you have lots of fodder for future slices.
March 9, 2021 at 6:30 am
I hear your frustrations coming through, but also a bit of hope. I’m with you on many of the same frustrations. I hope the weather starts to warm up and you find your groove with moving your body. (I’m still working on that one!)
March 10, 2021 at 10:10 pm
Today was 65 and sunny, tomorrow 50 and rainy so we did make it outside for a bit! 🙂
March 9, 2021 at 1:38 pm
I’m glad you stole it. I intend to do so as well!
Your neighbor, Missouri, isn’t all that great either. My sympathies.
Regarding behind- I’m tempted to tell the next person who explains kids are behind to turn around so I can kick theirs!
March 10, 2021 at 10:10 pm
Yeah, we here in the Mid-West, not doing so hot are we? It’s like we are racing to see how can be the biggest moron of the group!
March 10, 2021 at 2:03 pm
Oh my gosh! The “kids are falling behind” lament! My sister (3rd grade teacher) and I talk about how insane that is ALL THE TIME! Education benchmarks are arbitrary, and can be adjusted/changed/thrown out the window! And even if that were not the case, it is a PANDEMIC. GLOBALLY! I’m sorry, but there will be inconveniences. There will be suffering. There will be struggle. There will be trauma. We are ALL undergoing it and yelling at teachers and demanding that we send kids back to school like everything is normal is NOT going to change that.
Phew. Okay, got that off my chest for the day!
March 10, 2021 at 9:32 pm
Exactly! This isn’t rocket science! It’s a pandemic, of course people are not well!
March 16, 2021 at 10:44 pm
I love this idea for a slice! And thanks for introducing me to the book about John Lewis. I just added it to my library list!